Thursday, June 8, 2017

Friends

 Friendship is such a blessing, yet at the same time can be such a challenge to keep. Most of us make many friends throughout our lives. Friends at different ages and stages of life, friends from various activities or places we've lived. It's pretty hard to keep up with all these friends. So, my friendship with Jan Tremaine is a rare treasure! We became instant friends at age 6, so we've been friends for 32 years (yes, do the math- that makes me 38)! She and I were both homeschooled, lived on the same street, and our dads worked at the same church! Besides all those commonalities, we really had fun together! We have many embarrassing stories we could share between enterprises we tried to launch and pretend games, but I think the best part of our friendship is how we've cared about another and shared life. Jan moved away when we were 12 years old, but we wrote and kept in touch. As we got older, we called one another. Then Jan was my first friend to get married. I traveled to be in the wedding, then again for her first couple of kids. She was such an encouragement to me as I went through singleness for what seemed at the time, forever! Then she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. We have remained friends through moving to several different states, getting married, having babies, and so many other life changes. I'm thankful for you, Jan! It's unique to have a friend that values so many of the same things. I thank you for your selfless example of a true friend! Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
We were able to see each other this week. 
We had the family over for dinner as they passed through town on vacation!
Such a blessing to have these kids.

No comments: