Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Refresh Ladies Day at IBC

We recently had a ladies event here at IBC, which was called "Refresh". It was an encouraging morning with time to visit, have breakfast, hear a devotional and testimony.
 Here's Bethany Drum (the women's ministry director at IBC) welcoming all the ladies. I'm having so much fun getting to know these precious women!
We had a delicious breakfast- blueberry french toast, egg souffles, and fruit.
Yes, I did have the opportunity to share with the ladies a bit that morning. Bethany was kind enough to ask if I would give my testimony and a devotional on refreshment from the Word. It was neat to see how the Lord gave me peace in talking with the ladies, because I'm not used to speaking in front of so many people!! After sharing my testimony, I gave a devotional on "The One Thing Necessary". We looked at David's "one thing" in Psalm 27:4, Paul's "one thing" in Philippians 3:12-14, and Mary's "one thing" in Luke 10:38-42.
Here's a little of what each person's "one thing" is..
David- To dwell in the house of the Lord and behold His beauty. 
Paul- The goal of Christlikeness.
Mary- She sat at Jesus' feet devoted and listened while her sister was distracted.
As we live our busy lives may we see the overarching goal is to worship Christ. May you be refreshed as you strive toward the “one thing necessary”.


1 comment:

Drollingers said...

Did they tape it? I would love to hear it! What a great topic.