Thursday, December 1, 2011

Truth in the Tinsel


I love my first Christmas present! My sweet friend just sent me Truth in the Tinsel, which is an advent book for our family to do together. Each day leading up to Christmas has a verse, discussion ideas, and a craft that focuses on a particular part of the Christmas story. Madison and I just read Isaiah 9:2-7. We talked about how the world was dark, like inside your heart dark, before Jesus was born. Then the LIGHT of the world came. This made for great conversation- about how we need a Savior to forgive us from our sins. I think Madison's favorite part was opening the little window and finding a tiny chocolate from the Trader Joe's advent countdown calendar I bought :) I look forward to more fun talks as we focus on Christ's birth this season!
On to other Christmas things...here's a banner I made the other day. So easy to make!

No comments: