Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas is in Our Home

I just love this time of year! There are so many things to be thankful for. I have been reading Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus, which is a collection of sermons and works from various theologians. I've been reminded to focus on the LOVE of God seen through sending His Son as a baby for the purpose of His future death, our forgiveness of sins, and God's ultimate glory. This really puts this time of year into perspective for me. All the beautiful Christmas music, decorating, eating, parties, and gift-giving simply points to the reason we celebrate Christmas- Jesus' birth. So, my goal this year is to be mindful to worship Christ through all the "things" we do during this busy season, and to point my little ones to Christ. There is no greater gift than that of the Son of Man.
Jesse asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday last Friday. Without hesitation, I said, "Let's decorate for Christmas!" We had a fun family day putting up our little tree, stockings, and manger scene. Madison helped with the ornaments. We give our girls an ornament each year that represents something they did or liked that past year. Maddie got an owl ornament this year and Savannah got a baby's first Christmas ornament. I also made them each an ornament with their name and date on it (in the picture).
After decorating, that night we went to our first of four Christmas parties for this year. The girls looked cute in their matching red outfits.
The next day Mimi and Papa had us over for dinner. We got to help them put up their tree, too! Mimi bought this really cool train that goes around the tree that Jesse and Madison loved.
Aw....
The newest granddaughter.
Sunday was Savannah's first day at church! I think she loved it :)
I got a kick out of watching Madison holding Savannah! She just doesn't know what to do with her squirmy sister!
I love this girl!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deidre, once again it is interesting to see how our minds track so similarly. Notice the display in our entry and see if you can get the message I am intending to communicate. Our minds must not stop at the manger at Christmastime but trace God's intended love all the way to the cross and truly rejoice if includes you.

Jessica said...

I really want to meet your new little girl. She's precious!

Lynn Fitzpatrick said...

Precious photos! Great reminder to worship Christ in all that we do to prepare for Christmas. We too have collected a special ornament each year. It makes decorating the tree more memorable each year as you look back and tell stories about different ornaments that represent people, events or interests! Anna's mom, Lynn Fitzpatrick