Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ladies Events


Last Friday night we had our 4th annual CSUN ladies nails night. We had a wonderful time talking, snacking, and doing nails. I'm so thankful for this teachable, joyful, and loving group of ladies. Madison was able to be apart of the night until 8pm, and then went to bed. As I was putting her down, she asked, "Mommy, more girls please?" I love that Maddie gets to have so many "older sisters" in her life!
The next morning was the Women Walking Wisely Tea put on by Faith Builder's (my parent's fellowship group). It was a lovely time of worshipping Christ in singing, teaching, and eating :) "B" Mayhue spoke on having a "Pure Devotion to Christ".
2 Corinthians 11:3
"But I am afraid, lest as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds should be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ."
One of "B's" main points was that if we think differently than God's Word, than we will live opposed to His will. So, we must put in Scripture to our minds in order to act obediently. The seduction of the mind results in the corruption of the soul. My prayer is that I will guard my mind from sinful thinking and fill it with the Word so that I am not led away from devotion to Christ.

No comments: