Thursday, September 17, 2009

Simplicity

Maddie is starting early on Becoming a Woman of Simplicity! "Simplicity" - what does this word make you think of? Sometimes we all wish for simpler days amongst the running and doing, but in the accomplishing of things and serving the Lord we can attain simplicity. Lately I've been convicted by this book- how often we hurry from one thing to the next (all being good things, of course :), and don't acknowledge our need for God's strength. Cynthia Heald defines a woman of simplicity as, "one who lives a God-paced life." We are to wait on God's leading, and in order to know God's direction, there must be some waiting on Him in prayer and being in the Word. It has been good for me to think through this grid this week. It has shaped some of the decisions I have made, and I'm thankful for it. I've been meditating on Psalm 23 and John 15:5 "Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."

No comments: